Work and Organizations Division Election 2018
Please click on the names below to learn more about your candidates for SECRETARY! Read candidates’ biographies and statements of interest.
Please click on the names below to learn more about your candidates for PRESIDENT-ELECT! Read candidates’ biographies and statements of interest.
FOR REFERENCE: Job Description for Secretary (2-year term)
The Secretary serves as the chief administrative officer for the DIVISION. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assure the maintenance of records and compliance with DIVISION and IPPA policies and procedures
- Oversight of administration, including recording minutes of division meetings, and coordinating communication between committee leads and division officers.
- Ensuring Division meets deadlines for annual activity report, annual activity proposal and executes budget requests.
- Co-conduct, analyze and communicate the annual member survey (in coordination with IPPA’s Membership Committee)
- Support division initiatives, including World Congress (program sessions, business meeting and special events), as well as year-round programming, such as POIC and webinars, as directed by the PRESIDENT
- Oversee or coordinate with committee leads, or others engaging in administrative initiatives, as instructed by the DIVISION President
- Role requires a commitment of approximately 2-5 hours per week (varies)
For reference: Job Description for President-Elect (2-year term)
The President-Elect is the second-ranking officer in each division and assumes the President position at the next term. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Support the DIVISION President in fulfilling the goals and objectives of the DIVISION by providing continuity to established programs and by formulating future programs.
- Assume the responsibility of the DIVISION President in their absence
- Accept responsibilities delegated by the DIVISION President, such as overseeing special projects and being a committee member/project team liaison
- Support President in providing oversight to DIVISION operations, including onboarding new volunteers and ensuring appropriate representation on DIVISION’s committees
- Support President in ensuring all volunteers undergo a new volunteer orientation and adhere to IPPA’s policies, procedures and member code of conduct.
- Represent the DIVISION at World Congress activities
- Manage the division’s annual activity report, annual activity proposal and budget request, and new initiative proposal process, which includes 1) development (outlining the project’s alignment with strategy and member needs, resources needed), 2) approval by IPPA’s Divisions Committee, 3) project management and 4) evaluation.
- Role requires a minimum commitment of 2-5 hours per week