Join a Division
Join a Division
To join a division and benefit from division-led programming, resources, and networking opportunities, first join IPPA as a member.
IPPA members may join professional divisions free of charge. To join a division:
- Log in to your IPPA profile with your username (Email) and password*.
- Click Custom.
- On that page, you will see a section on the right of the page with information about our current professional division(s). To register, simply click the drop down arrow under the division name and click “Yes” for the division(s) you want to join.
- Click “Update” at the bottom of the page.
*If you have lost or forgotten your member password, please click here to have instructions sent to your registered email address.
Connect with members through our new online community, IPPA Engage! Discuss the latest research and applications with leaders in the field. Share your work in your very own member profile, register for free virtual events and webinars, and access a library of more than 200 educational resources.
Log into IPPA Engage today!
IPPA’s divisions are member-initiated special interest groups that bridge research and practice and provide a platform for members to connect with colleagues, learn about the latest research and applications in their area of focus, and collaborate on mission-driven projects.
- Students – Our student division, SIPPA, connects graduate and undergraduate students with an interest in positive psychology to each other, as well as to learning and mentorship opportunities. Contact SIPPA at email@example.com
- Work & Organizations – Practitioners, researchers, and leaders in organizations communicate and collaborate on efforts to advance positive psychology research and application in the organizational and institutional context. Contact the division at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Positive Health & Wellness – Clinicians, researchers, policymakers, and others advance the science and practice concerning optimal human health and the positive and protective biopsychosocial factors linked to it. Contact the division at email@example.com
- Positive Clinical Psychology – Psychologists, social workers, and other clinicians, academics, and researchers support the professional, ethical, effective, evidence-based and culturally responsive practice of positive psychology principles in clinical settings. Contact the division at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Positive Education Division – Educators, academics, researchers, and practitioners bridge research and practice related to the application of positive psychology in formal and informal educational settings. The division will support activities related to curriculum, pedagogy, administration, support services, and education systems, with the goal of supporting the well-being, character, and resilience of students, staff, and educational communities as a whole. Contact the division at email@example.com
- Spirituality & Meaning Division – The Division catalyzes, aggregates, and communicates on the science of spirituality & meaning, and in turn, shares and explores evidence-based practices therein for the benefit of individuals, groups, and society. It brings spirituality more strongly into the fold within positive psychology and emphasizes connections across backgrounds (e.g., ethnic, racial, gender, spiritual, religious) and across professional disciplines, within the Division, among other IPPA Divisions, and with related groups outside the Division. While psychology and positive psychology are often subjective – and spirituality even moreso – we turn to the science to inform the education and practice. Science is the default.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
IPPA Professional and Student members with an active IPPA membership can participate in professional divisions in their field(s) of interest. IPPA Student members are automatically enrolled in SIPPA.
First, join IPPA or ensure your existing membership is up-to-date. Once you have an active IPPA membership, please log in to your IPPA profile and click “Custom.” You will find the section with information about our current professional division(s) on the right side. Click the drop down arrow under the Division name and click “Yes.” Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Update.” (All IPPA Students are automatically enrolled in SIPPA, our student division).