The following volunteer job opportunities are available immediately with the editorial team of IPPA’s Positive Health and Wellness Division publication, Chronicle of Advances in Positive Health and Well-being.
Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor
The Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor of the PH&W’s newsletter is responsible for supporting the Editor-in-Chief, Deputy Editor, and Associate Editors on several aspects of the publication, with special emphasis on:
- Copy-editing all editorially pre-reviewed content for correct grammar and formatting according to APA Publication Manual guidelines
- Coordinating the publication-production process with IPPA’s web and graphic designer to ensure that all contributors’ bios, pictures, and their articles’ tables and graphs are in the forms required by IPPA’s web designer
- Consolidating a single MSWord document for the Editorial Team from the edited documents according to the web-designer
Additionally, the Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor will attend Editorial Team Conference Calls to discuss the progress of the publication, suggest ideas for improvement, technology, and other innovations. Additional duties may be assigned as required.
- Familiarity with the peer-review editorial process of journals and strong writing skills for academic publications, with some APA writing style experience.
- Evidence of graduate training or professional development, with some expertise and knowledge in the context of positive health and well-being.
- Any experience serving as an active contributor to an academic/professional publication or publication outlet is a plus.
Applicant should be familiar with the first edition of Chronicle of Advances in Positive Health and Well-Being, available at: http://www.ippanetwork.org/divisions/healthdivision/health-and-wellness-publication-1/ The second publication will be issued in the late winter / spring of 2019. The Editorial Assistant / Copy Editor should be able to make a time commitment of 2-4 hours a week for the approximately 3 month working period before the release of the second edition. Time requirements may increase in the weeks leading up to the publication deadline. To talk with someone about this available role, please email email@example.com.
Reviewers are needed for Commentaries (submitted commentaries on emerging topics of interest to positive psychology, or of commentaries on articles already published in the positive psychology literature) and for Clinical / Practice (submissions related to clinical practice or training).
- Reviewers will work in coordination with the PH&W editorial team
- Based upon a self-stated competency, reviewers will judge each submission’s acceptability using a rating scale developed for the newsletter
- Each reviewer is expected to commit to a two-week turn-around time for each submission
- Given our experience so far, expected reviews will be for no more than two or three submissions for each reviewer, first screened by the Associate Editor
The editorial team is preparing for the second issue of the Chronicle of Advances in Positive Health and Well-being to be released in the late winter / spring of 2019.
Commentaries Reviewer: Interested individuals should have experience and awareness of the positive psychology general literature and curiosity about what might be new or intriguing in the field.
Clinical / Practice Reviewer: Interested individuals must have clinical and/or practitioner experience (hands-on patient or client experience helpful, for example, MDs, DOs, PAs, NPs, and Nurses invited) relevant to positive psychology. Having publications in peer–reviewed journals using APA publication format is a plus.
All applicant should be familiar with the first edition of Chronicle of Advances in Positive Health and Well-Being, available at: http://www.ippanetwork.org/divisions/healthdivision/health-and-wellness-publication-1/
To talk with someone about this available role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of:
- Commentaries: Elaine O’Brien, PhD, MAPP
- Clinical / Practice: Kathi Norman, MSBS, MAPP, DMScs, PA-C