We at SIPPA are looking for two students to join our supportive and motivated executive team. Our association is truly international, so you may be located anywhere in the world. Our team shares a passion for taking SIPPA further and we look forward to welcoming you. Our Membership & Recruitment Co-chairs are an integral part of our team who provide leadership in supporting and growing SIPPA’s membership base.
Position Responsibilities: The Membership & Recruitment Chairs’ responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Chairing the Membership & Recruitment Committee
- Attending monthly business meetings
- Reporting on the activities of the Membership & Recruitment Committee or other task forces at the monthly Executive Committee meetings and through mid-year (January 15th) and year-end reports (June 15th)
- Facilitating communication with and providing resources to the Regional Representatives and corresponding positive psychology student organizations
- Organizing and facilitating recruitment booths at IPPA conventions
- Creating and updating a SIPPA brochure
- Initiating and maintaining mentor relationships with students and professionals
- Working with the Conference Planning Committee to staff student programming at IPPA conventions
- Acting as a liaison to IPPA
You can read more about the position here.
Length of Term: The Membership & Recruitment Co-Chair will serve for 2 years, until July 2019.
To apply, please include the information below with attachments to SIPPAnetwork@gmail.com. The information you provide will be used solely in consideration and for contact purposes regarding the SIPPA Membership & Recruitment Co-Chair position.
Personal Information: Name, phone number, email, address
Academic Information: Current school, Department, Anticipated Date of Graduation
Additional Materials: To help us get to know you, please include:
- A statement of the interest in the position, relevant skills, and 3 ideas you can implement as Membership & Recruitment Chair. This should be no more than 500 words.
- Curriculum Vitae in English.
- One letter of recommendation. This should speak to your leadership skills and ability to execute plans effectively.