Conversation Hour: The Future of Work and Organizations in Positive Psychology
The Work and Organizations Division will sponsor a conversation hour at the Fifth World Congress on Positive Psychology.
The session will bring together leaders of academic and professional communities to discuss broad-level developments and cutting-edge issues in the field of positive work and organizations.
Giselle Timmerman, President of the Work and Organizations Division of IPPA, will moderate the symposium. The three speakers currently serve as Advisors for the Division and each bring distinct perspectives to the conversation.
- Dr. Kim Cameron conducts research on the impact of positive leadership and organizational virtuousness on work and organizational outcomes.
- Dr. Marisa Salanova specializes in applied research with companies to test organizational health and resilience, including follow-up positive interventions.
- Dr. Stewart I. Donaldson holds many appointments at Claremont Graduate University. He is professor of psychology and community and global health, dean of the School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation (SSSPE) and the School of Community & Global Health (SCGH), and director of the Claremont Evaluation Center (CEC).
- Michelle McQuaid is a best-selling author, workplace wellbeing teacher and playful change activator. She holds a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and is currently completing her Ph.D. in Appreciative Inquiry under the supervision of David Cooperrider.
- Dr. Robert Vallerand is Full Professor of Social Psychology at the Université du Québec a Montréal. His research mainly focuses on the Heirarchical Model of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation (Vallerand, 1997) and the Dualistic Model of Passion.
The majority of the discussion topics will be sourced from Division members prior to the Congress, thus encouraging active participation and the inclusion of diverse questions.
We want to facilitate a conversation that’s looking at the field as a whole, from the “30k foot level”, and are seeking member input. Please share any questions/issues/challenges you’d like to see discussed in this panel in the comment section below.