Want to get involved with SIPPA? If you're interested, you can join us as:
Position Responsibilities: The President-Elect’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following tasks: (a) Assisting the President when requested; (b) Attending and keeping minutes from the monthly business meetings; (c) Organizing and facilitating the application process for officer positions and student scholarships; and (d) Keeping a full record of all funds received and all funds disbursed, and will work with the Executive Committee to develop and revise SIPPA’s budget. The President-Elect will submit an annual report of the budget and a proposed budget for the following year on June 15th of each year.
Length of Term: The President-Elect will serve one year and serve the following year as President.
The Communications Representative’s responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Attending monthly business meetings;
- Chairing the Communications Committee;
- Managing SIPPA’s website and social networking sites;
- Editing contributions to the IPPA newsletter;
- Reporting on the activities of their committee or task force at the monthly Executive Committee meetings and through mid-year (January 15th) and year-end reports (June 15th); and
- Act as a liaison to the corresponding IPPA rep.
Represent SIPPA in your local community
Do you feel Positive Psychology deserves more attention in your student community? Would you like to spread the science of positive psychology on your campus? Are you willing to become an official SIPPA regional representative? SIPPA is currently accepting applications for our worldwide team of regional representatives.
A SIPPA regional representative is:
- A student
- Passionate about the science of Positive Psychology
- A good communicator with high scientific standards
As a SIPPA regional representative, you will represent SIPPA by:
- Contacting students and organizing regional student presentations on SIPPA
- Spreading the word on SIPPA through local student newsletters and other student-oriented media
- Fostering local student activities around Positive Psychology
- Being listed on our website as a SIPPA regional representative so that other students in your area can contact you with questions and comments
- Channeling questions and feedback from your student community to SIPPA
- All in close collaboration with SIPPA, which will be assisting you with guidelines, powerpoints, tips and information
Additionally, regional representatives may advance to become members of the Board of Directors if they are voted in.
To apply, please send your CV and a 1-page statement of interest describing 1) Why you would like to serve as a Regional Representative, and 2) What you plan to do in this position to promote positive psychology in the area, by e-mail (with "regional rep" in the header) to SIPPAnetwork@gmail.com.
Note: We no longer need Regional Representatives from Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, New Zealand, Spain or the United States (CA, PA, TX, WV)
Contact a Regional Representative