The specific activities of each division depend on the interest and involvement of division members, who plan, develop and drive initiatives with the support of IPPA leadership. Within divisions, members can connect with each other and volunteer to help develop important initiatives such as new publications, educational webinars, and program content for the World Congress on Positive Psychology.
IPPA is currently home to five divisions:
- Students – Our student division, SIPPA, connects graduate and undergraduate students with an interest in positive psychology to each other, as well as to learning and mentorship opportunities.
- Work & Organizations – A forum for academics, researchers, practitioners, and organizations to communicate and collaborate on positive psychology research and application in the organizational and institutional context.
- Positive Health & Wellness – A forum for researchers, clinicians, policy makers and other to advance the science and practice concerning optimal human health and the positive and protective biopsychosocial factors linked to it.
- Positive Clinical Psychology – A forum for clinicians, academics, researchers and students to support and advance professional, ethical, effective, evidence-based and culturally responsive practice of positive psychology principles in clinical settings.
- Positive Education Division – A forum to bridge research and practice related to the application of positive psychology in formal and informal educational settings, and to facilitate collaboration with members from around the world. The division will support activities related to curriculum, pedagogy, administration, support services, and education systems, with the goal of supporting the well-being, character, and resilience of students, staff, and educational communities as a whole.
To learn more about each division’s mission, goals and plans for 2016/2017, please click on the division names to visit their individual webpages.
To join an IPPA division, first make sure that you have an active IPPA membership, then update your member profile as indicated by the instructions on the membership page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
IPPA Members, Associates, and Students with an active IPPA membership can participate in professional divisions in their field(s) of interest. IPPA Affiliates can subscribe to receive email updates about division activities. IPPA Students are automatically enrolled in SIPPA.
First, join IPPA or ensure your existing membership is up-to-date. Once you have an active IPPA membership, please log in to your IPPA profile and click Edit / View Information. There you will see a section near the bottom of the page with information about our current professional division(s). To register, simply check the division box and save your profile.
It depends on the IPPA division. SIPPA was our first division to form when we first launched our association, and you can read more about their programs – including mentoring, a newsletter, regional representatives, and more – on the SIPPA website. The Work & Organizations Division recently sponsored programming at the Fourth World Congress on Positive Psychology and announced its first call for papers for their new publication: Positive Work and Organizations: Research and Practice.